Community Manager, ReCity Network
At ReCity, we are building a network of like-minded community leaders who are passionate about disrupting poverty and making Durham a place where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to be part of this energetic community and who subscribes to our 5 core values.
ReCity Core Values: Community Development, Justice, Unity, Tackling Root Problems, and Achieving the Impossible.
This Job might be for you if:
You enjoy building community. You like to make people feel welcome and at home the minute they walk in the door. You put customer service as a top priority.
You like helping people. You get a kick out of getting people to that aha! moment. You are patient, a problem solver and always look for ways to make things more efficient and transparent.
You pay attention to details. You don’t let things fall through the cracks and believe it is important to do things right, not cut corners just to get something done.
You are a clear communicator. You are a good writer and eloquent speaker. You feel comfortable communicating anything to a variety of different people and feel at ease doing it in person, through written word or on the phone.
You think on your feet. No two days are the same at HQ and the ability to roll with the punches and find solutions quickly is key.
· Provide on-site administrative support for ReCity partners and guests
· Welcome guests with a friendly demeanor
· Lead tours of the space, greeting the public and refer them to appropriate staff or members
· Coordinating/scheduling facility calendar & front desk coverage
· Manage front desk including front desk policies, procedures and checklists.
· Assisting with planning and execution of all ReCity related events
· Maintaining/updating ReCity website, monthly newsletters, and social media accounts
· Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory for the office with vendors
· Assist Executive Director with grant-writing process, sourcing leads for potential granting foundations and ensuring all deadlines are met
· Assist Executive Director with management of donor database; tracking gifts and issuing proper means of thanks in gifts/letters
· Ensuring the accuracy of all record keeping to be mailed to accountant
· Additional office support duties as assigned
HOURS: Part-Time, 25 hours per week, 9am-2pm daily
Start Date: April 2018
TO APPLY: Email (1) a one page cover letter explaining why you want this position and (2) up to three-page resume with 3 references’ names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses to: email@example.com